How To Fix A Broken iPod Touch Screen
Repair of the iPod Touch screen involves swapping the damaged outer glass and digitizer with a new replacement. This can be a difficult job, so exercise proper caution during each step of the iPod Touch screen repair process.
- Gently insert a plastic pry tool between the outer glass and silver backplate near the volume control buttons
- Pry open the iPod slowly and gently by rotating the tool away from the panel until a small gap between the front and back plate is revealed
- Work your way around the iPod?s frame until the whole outer glass is removable (be aware of the connected digitizer cable within the upper left corner)
- Carefully unfasten the digitizer cable from the logic board
- Now that the damaged glass and digitizer have been removed, clean the inner LCD of any dust or debris
- Reassemble the iPod with your replacement parts. You?re done!
For more information, visit our iPod touch screen repair page